Q Acoustics Concept 30 Stand Mount Speakers
Q Acoustics is not like other loudspeaker companies.
Q Acoustics has been designing class-leading, award-winning loudspeakers since 2006. In that time, Q Acoustics has redefined every market it has entered, from the affordable to the high-end, from stereo and home cinema sound to the revolutionary Q Active wireless audio system.
Q Acoustics’ unique approach is clear in the ground-breaking engineering and ingenious construction of its products - and the result is the most life-like, thrillingly realistic sound your money can buy, no matter the amount you want to spend. Numerous awards from the world’s leading critics simply confirm what every Q Acoustics owner already knows: Q Acoustics builds the most innovative, high-performance loudspeakers you can buy.
The Concept Series
Refinement & Perfection
The Concept Series is a culmination of all of the technological advancements and innovations Q Acoustics has achieved over the past decade. The series consists of beautifully styled speakers with an exceptional level of sonic performance.
To ensure the purest sound from this series, the objective was to minimize cabinet resonance as much as possible. With the application of Gelcore technology, the Concept series has been awarded multiple awards for its ‘sonic agility and composure’ demonstrating the delivery of pure, uncolored sound.
Concept Series goes beyond anything that Q Acoustics has achieved before. It’s a beautifully styled product, which we confidently believe provides a level of sonic performance previously thought impossible at its price point.
Concept Opened The Door To A New Era For Q Acoustics.
Q Acoustics Concept 30 Stand Mount Speakers
No artificial coloring
Every element of acoustic innovation featured in the Concept 30 is geared towards designing the quietest cabinet possible. Unaffected by internal and external resonances, these speakers deliver focused stereo imaging, accurate audio and an extended holographic soundstage to emulate a live performance in the home.
All our anti-resonance innovations allow the state-of-the-art complement of drivers free to get on with the job of delivering the most realistic, most involving sound ever heard at this price-point.
Designed as an integral part of the mechanical structure of the cabinet, both the 5-inch mid/bass and 0.9-inch tweeter drivers are new, ground-up designs specifically for the Concept 30, 50 and 90 loudspeakers. The drive units are fixed to a remarkably stiff 3mm aluminum baffle plate before it is fitted to the cabinet - this gives the correct acoustic seal, dampening vibrations and minimizing structural coupling.
Elsewhere, the tweeter is hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated (floating) from the baffle, which means lower distortion and a lower crossover point for seamless integration through the crossover region. At 30.5mm, the larger mid/bass driver voice coil increases motor strength resulting in a 50% increase in power handling over a comparable driver with 25.4 mm voice coil.
Lastly, the crossover itself is mounted to the isolation base, keeping it free of sound-effecting vibrations and away from the electro-magnetic influence of the drivers themselves.
Boasting the same sophisticated design lines and stunning, premium high gloss finish of the top-of-the-range 300 and 500 models, the new range retains the signature aluminum front baffle plate that made the original Concept speakers so iconic. The Concept 30 arrives in three striking lacquers: black, silver and white.
Introduced in the original Concept speaker, the Gelcore™ cabinet construction is designed to minimize high-frequency noise. A unique design comprised of a non-setting gel sandwiched between two individual layers, this specially developed adhesive dissipates high-frequency vibrations, generated by the moving drivers, into heat to maintain a focused audio performance.
Isolation suspension system
A variation on the hugely effective ‘isolation base’ principle first seen on Concept 300 means the Concept 30 have a suspension system in the form of a sprung baseplate. Two plates are separated by suspension ‘spheres’ that effectively isolates the cabinet from interference from external vibrations, providing tighter stereo imaging, while also bringing greater depth.
P2P™ (Point to Point™) technology
To keep the cabinet as rigid as possible, P2P™ (Point to Point™) internal bracing is employed. First introduced in the Concept 500, reinforcement is fitted to interior areas of the cabinet susceptible to low-end frequency reverberations.
- Gelcore™ cabinet construction reduces higher frequency cabinet noise.
- P2P™ (Point to Point™) internal bracing stiffens the cabinet to minimize lower frequency vibrations.
- Isolation suspension base eradicates unwanted external and internal vibrations.
- The driver assembly is mounted to the front aluminum baffle by pretensioned studs to give the correct acoustic seal, while dampen vibrations and minimize structural coupling of the assembly in main cabinet.
- Ground-up mid/bass and tweeter driver design for increased power handling.
- High-frequency driver is fully hermetically sealed and mechanically isolated (floating) from the front baffle to protect from internal resonances from the mid/bass driver.
- Crossover design is mounted on the isolation base, to minimize any microphonic pick up and away from electro-magnetic fields radiated by the drive units.
- Bass unit 1 x 125 mm (5.0 in)
- Treble unit 1 x 25 mm (0.9 in)
- Frequency response(-6dB) 54 Hz - 30 kHz
- Nominal impedance 6 Ω
- Minimum impedance 3.9 Ω
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1kHz) 87 dB/w/m
- Recommended amplifier power 25-100 W
- Crossover frequency 2.4 kHz
- Distortion (120Hz - 20kHz, @2.83Vrms) <0.2%
- Effective volume 7.0 L
- Dimensions (per loudspeaker / HxWxD) 284 x 180 x 319 mm (11.2 x 7.1 x 12.6 in)
- Weight (per loudspeaker) 7.9 kg (17.4 lbs)