Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Filter
Niagara 3000 Low‑Z Power Noise‑Dissipation System:
Unlock Your System’s True Potential: Hear the System You Never Knew You Had!
WHAT IS A POWER CONDITIONER AND WHY IS IT NECESSARY?
For some, a power conditioner is merely a device that provides enough outlets for the entire audio/video system while also protecting the connected devices from electrical storms and wiring faults. Yet, for the discriminating listener, many power conditioners can make an audio/video system perform far worse.
Yes, a home or building may have dimming lights or an occasional brown-out, and the utilities’ AC sine wave is always far from perfect. However, where incoming power is concerned, there are two reasons an audio/video system does not perform up to its full potential:
1) The current transients that supply the power amplifier are compressed, and
2) The ever-increasing levels of radio-frequency noise are masking (covering up) the system’s low-level signal content.
When compared to or measured against a Niagara Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, a simple power bar or a dedicated AC wall outlet can lose up to a third of the low-level audio information that contain much of a recording’s harmonics, imaging, high frequencies, and bottom-end grip—and once that information is gone, it’s gone forever.
The products in AudioQuest’s Niagara Series are meticulously handcrafted, and their technologies are unique amongst all power products—whether they’re isolation transformers, AC regenerators, battery backup devices, re-clocking devices, or other types. Far surpassing most other technologies that cover only a narrow range of noise frequencies and do nothing to address the increasingly prevalent noise on AC ground, Niagara’s Level-X and patented Ground-Noise Dissipation (GND) Technology work evenly, or linearly, across a far wider range of induced noise frequencies.
Additionally, Niagaras 3000, 5000, and 7000 feature Transient Power Correction, which supplies a current reservoir to greatly bolster the performance of any power amplifier.
With an AudioQuest Niagara Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, music lovers can finally experience the clarity, dimensionality, frequency extension, dynamic contrast, and grip their A/V systems have been capable of delivering—if only the power had been right!
Niagara Noise-Dissipation Systems do not ship with an AC cable. Why?
The cable that feeds any power product is the most important AC cable in the audio/video system. For any power product to maximize its ability to dissipate noise, the attached AC cables must be Direction-Controlled to drain induced radio-frequency noise. AudioQuest AC cables include ZERO-Tech for uncompressed current transfer and optimal Noise-Dissipation. Further, our patented GND-Tech (Ground-Noise Dissipation) pulls RF noise out of any product it’s attached to.
When partnered with a Niagara power product, our Direction-Controlled AC cables create a complete Noise-Dissipation System, ensuring the most effective and efficient dissipation of RF noise.
We allow our customers to select the appropriate length of cable for their systems and to decide how completely they’d like to optimize their Niagaras.
- Patented Ground-Noise Dissipation System greatly reduces ground-borne noise without compromising safety or creating low-level ground loops.
- Transient Power Correction provides power amplifiers a current reservoir of over 55 amps peak (up to 25mS) for AC current transients.
- Level-X Linear Noise-Dissipation Technology ensures the most consistent and widest bandwidth noise dissipation possible, without the inconsistent multi-node resonant peaking typically found in most AC power conditioners.
- AQ-Formed AC RF Filtering Capacitors dramatically improve linearity and minimize distortions, while dissipating AC line and radio-coupled noise.
- 7 Low-Z NRG Series AC Power outlets: 2 High-Current Low-Z Power; 5 Level-X Linear-Filtered Power (source components) outlets.
- Non-Sacrificial Surge Protection will accept multiple transient power surges and spikes up to 6000V or 3000A without damage.
- Over-Voltage Shutdown with Automatic Reset enacts shutdown at approximately 17% above optimal AC input levels, until the incoming AC voltage returns to a safe range
With the introduction of the Niagara 3000, AudioQuest expands your capability to stop noise contamination and current compression. Almost all of the effective technology that distinguishes the award-winning Niagaras 5000 and 7000—AQ’s patented AC Ground Noise-Dissipation System, Transient Power Correction, extremely wide-bandwidth Level-X linear filtering, and more—is here, but at a more accessible price.
Also, the 3000’s rack-friendly dimensions (17.5” W x 3.45” H x 15.2” D; 24.9lbs) and the included 2-RU rack ears make Niagara 3000 a very high-performance, cost-effective option for custom-install applications.
Niagara 3000’s NRG-Series AC outlets not only feature superior grip and lower resistance thanks to beryllium copper, they also include thick Hanging-Silver plating to ensure the lowest impedance at radio frequencies, enabling superior noise dissipation. And, of course, like all Niagara products, the slim 2-RU Niagara 3000 features direction-controlled ultra-low-resistance solid wiring and filter inductors optimized for the highest efficiency noise-dissipation of radio frequencies.